Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Lee Min Ho in ‘Faith’ Continues to Rattle the Hearts of Viewers

CJ E&M enewsWorld Kim, JiYeon
Translation Credit : Stewart Ho

“You stabbed me. You looked after me. And now you’re going to stab me again?”

Lee Min Ho and his whole-hearted leap into his character, Choi Young, is causing fans of Faith to go wild.

In the August 20 episode of SBS’ Faith, Choi Young (Lee Min Ho) was able to survive getting stabbed by (Eun Soo) Kim Hee Sun, thanks to, ironically, Eun Soo, who spends all night treating his wound.

However, his loyalty to protect and serve the king makes him attempt to immediately go out and serve even before his body fully recovers - except he runs into Eun Soo in the process.

Upon seeing Eun Soo, who holds up her surgerical equipment to stop him, Choi Young begins asking Eun Soo, “What are you going to do. Stab me? After you treated me all night you’re going to stab me again? And then what, treat me again?”

Choi Young then confronts the emotional Eun Soo as he holds her and looks straight into her eyes, while saying, “If you are to return, you must, at the least, remain alive. I will protect you until then. So stick close to me,” shaking the hearts of female viewers. 


However, after safely guarding the king and his family, the king turns to Choi Young saying, “From now on Choi Young, I will see you as a trustworthy person. Will you do the same for me?”

To which Choi Young responds, “As your majesty has now returned to the palace, my last duties have been accomplished. Please grant me the right to leave,” making viewers curious as to why the warrior wished to leave.

Even in his ‘final mission’, as he comes face-to-face with the king’s subordinate Gi Chul (Yoo Oh Sung) Choi Young shows no signs of backing down from the formidable foe as he charismatically faces down the enemy.

Choi Young approaches Gi Chul, who has decided to passively rebel against the king by not coming out to politely greet him, and demands that Gi Chul pay his respect, asserting his position as the chief guard.

While there were few major action scenes in this episode, Lee Min Ho managed to amp up the tension and the anticipation, with his simple, but forceful acting. The next episode of Faith airs on August 21 on SBS.

Photo credit: SBS
Source: enewsworld

No comments:

Post a Comment